Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Senior People Program Manager will be a key member of Samsara’s People Programs team, developing and driving the execution of our people development vision and strategy, specifically via our learning programs. The People Programs team develops and delivers programs across key employee milestones including onboarding, talent planning, learning and development, performance management, culture and engagement. This role reports to the Director of Talent Management and partners closely with various members of the People organization.
In this role, you will:
You will be responsible for enabling our leaders and employees to do their best work by directing the creation, facilitation, and operation of company-wide learning, development, and culture initiatives. We believe in learning and leading at every level, and this position will have significant influence in the practices of learning and leadership at Samsara as we continue to grow. You will work with internal stakeholders and external consultants/vendors to deliver customized sessions with specific outcomes that solve individual and organizational needs.
- Drive the strategy of how we develop people, delivered through culture-building and learning journeys for different internal personas.
- Facilitate in both large and small group settings, virtually and in-person, to audiences including leadership and individual contributors in a range of roles and from a variety of backgrounds.
- Work collaboratively across the People Operations team and with business stakeholders to ensure that strategy and content are relevant to the organizational needs.
- Provide outstanding program management support, including appropriately engaging/updating partners and actively resolving project, design, or resource issues and questions. Have a willingness to get into the weeds to ensure logistics are executed and the team is supported.
- Measure the efficacy of the programs and initiatives and iterate on feedback.
- Champion inclusive, fair and sustainable practices in every part of our programs.
- Produce enablement resources that help Samsarians apply skills on a daily basis.
- Improve the use of our Learning Management System as a portal for all data and logistics.
- Identify when to build, buy, or partner. Engage the best external partners to contribute the right expertise and deliver the right content. Manage vendor and partner relationships.
- Connect learning and development programs to our onboarding, engagement, DEI and performance management cycles and initiatives, in partnership with other People Operations team members.
- Partner with the Learning & Enablement Council to equip enablement managers across the company.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of other programs and initiatives, such as performance, organizational development, engagement, capability-building and onboarding. Coach, develop, and support other team members.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years working in learning and development, people programs, talent management, employee experience, or other related strategic People functions.
- Experience developing and facilitating engaging, creative, and impactful learning and development experiences to improve individual and organizational performance and development.
- Experience working in a fast paced, hands-on environment with quickly changing business needs.
- Strong understanding of the various people management and people leadership pillars (feedback skills, coaching, difficult conversations, etc).
- Excellent ability to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and team members.
- Strong bias for action with operational & analytical rigor.
- Strong program management skills with high attention to detail; track record of keeping multiple programs and initiatives moving in parallel.
- Familiarity with learning management systems and talent management processes.
- Growth mindset: willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to travel as needed.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Advanced degree, particularly a Masters in organizational development, organizational psychology or similar field.
- Tech industry experience.
- Experience scaling programs and processes at a fast-growing company.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.