Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the Role
Samsara has several emerging Channel programs that have the potential to drive significant growth for the company. These include Insurance Partners, Resale Partners, Referral Partners, and Technology Integration Partners.
As a Senior Partner Sales Engineer, you will be working closely with Partner Account Managers to drive innovation with our channel partners. You’ll be the go-to person for anything technical, taking ownership of significant projects that will create huge value for Samsara.
This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial role that requires working cross-functionally to build partner engagements from scratch. This is the first role of it’s kind in EMEA with oodles of room to make it your own.
The role can be office-based in the UK, France, Germany or the Netherlands, or remote in any of those regions.
In this role, you will focus on
- Driving engagement with Partners, particularly with technical counterparts
- Finding solution fit with Partners and foster new technology focused opportunities
- Developing relationships with key Partners, and become an expert on Partner environments and solutions
- Working closely with Product Management, and other relevant teams, to develop and maintain integrations with Partners. Influence product development and be a partner advocate
- Delivering presentations, demos, proof of value, trainings, and overall being a technical resource for Partners and Partner facing teams
- Enabling internal teams to utilize and sell Partner integrations
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing partner and customer base
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Experience working in either a high-performing pre-sales or a solution engineering team
- You’ll be comfortable holding technical conversations with technical individuals to influence commercial decisions
- Working knowledge of various integration standards and transports (XML, REST, SOAP, EDI, etc.)
- Exposure to various SaaS based integrations
- You’ll be motivated to build your career – the scope of this role will increase dramatically over the next 2 years
An ideal candidate also has
- Fluency in English, and French or German is a big plus – you’ll be our first Senior Partner Sales Engineer in Europe so you’ll be covering a broad territory
- Experience in the Partnership / Channel ecosystem
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.