Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
In this role, you will help build the organizational backbone for the global Legal Team by managing legal operations initiatives and supporting projects across a range of legal issues (including intellectual property, transactional, litigation, corporate, product, privacy and employment matters). You are eager to join a team that cultivates camaraderie, works cross-functionally with teams across Samsara, and is a key driver of Samsara’s business. You will be a legal ambassador to the company and in a position to help drive team direction and culture.
You must be extremely organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented. You also must be excited to work across an array of projects and tasks, from researching complex legal issues to organizing meetings. No project is too daunting and no task is too small. Equipped with your legal eagle eye for details, ability to deliver information in a clear and concise way, and reserves of energy and self-motivation, you’re excited to join us and contribute to a dynamic company and team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Support projects and initiatives and partner with attorneys across all Legal areas globally, such as Product, Intellectual Property, Product, Corporate, Commercial, Employment, etc.
- Identify and drive strategic opportunities to streamline existing processes and workflows (e-billing, electronic signatures, managing form templates and playbooks, etc.)
- Source and implement scalable legal operations tools (i.e. legal technology solutions)
- Triage or complete incoming internal legal requests, track various metrics and team SLAs, provide administrative support and maintain legal management systems
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA/BS with a strong academic record
- 4+ years of in-house legal operations and/or project management experience
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross functional teams and project management
- Ability to effectively manage and improve processes and tools
- Strong attention to detail and self-initiative with desire for impact
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working on intellectual property matters
- Notary license (can also be licensed after joining)
- Experience with Google Suite, Ironclad, Zendesk
- Experience working at SaaS-based technology companies
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.