Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
We are looking for a Sr. Hardware Product Manager to join our team. In this role, you will help drive the delivery of product offerings to market including strategic market development, product concepts and roadmap, product requirements, creating business plans, market positioning, sales readiness and product launch. We stress the importance to think creatively and work collaboratively with cross functional team members to make excellent tradeoffs and conclusions. As a Sr. Hardware Product Manager, you will champion the voice of the customer as well as ensuring the products are developed in alignment with the company's growth strategy.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: The software, firmware, and hardware you build will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You build for scale: Samsara already has more than 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally with customers that depend on our technology and look forward to the new solutions brought about by our engineers’ innovation. You may work on a mature product that is operating at a large scale already or a product in the early stages that is still being developed.
- You believe customers are more than a number: Samsara engineers enjoy a rare closeness to the end user and you will have the opportunity to participate in customer interviews, collaborate with customer success and product managers, and use metrics to ensure our work is translating into better customer outcomes.
- You crave technical ownership: The development of our Connected Operations Cloud technology has only just begun and offers a range of technical challenges that will sharpen your skills and provide opportunities for rapid career growth.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: The opportunity we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious, and innovative ideas for our customers.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
- You aren’t a team player: Working on our Samsara Engineering teams requires a mix of independent effort and collaboration. Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
In this role, you will:
- In this role, you’ll be responsible for building and executing our Hardware roadmap to enable our platform growth across the Safety product line
- Drive hardware product definition for a range of advanced IoT devices, cameras and associated cabling and accessories
- You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them and understand their strategy for the future
- You will develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market
- Lead field validation and product launch activities in collaboration with Marketing, Engineering and Operations
- Understand use cases, personas and market requirements and communicate efficiently to the rest of the organization
- Work and partner with Applications Product Management leaders to understand the broader business and customer needs, and enable optimized solutions spanning the cloud and edge devices
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years in a product management role
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science
- History of launching commercially successful IT and/or IoT hardware products
- Familiarity with numerous industrial and IT applications, ideally with telematics, sensors, wireless and edge AI attributes
- Excellent business acumen to navigate tradeoffs in features, cost, development risk and performance
- Curiosity and a bias towards action while gleaning customer insights from field inspection, interviews, research and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences at all levels
- Experience managing commercial product lines at scale; $100M+ company or product line revenue
An ideal candidate also has:
- Knowledge of automotive industry, dash cameras, vehicle-based vision systems, data connectivity, CAN bus a plus
- MBA a plus
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.