- Full Time
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
In this role, you will run the design, orchestration, and execution of Samsara’s company and sales kickoff program and will also have the opportunity to work on other high impact internal events. For Samsara’s company and sales kickoff program, you will lead the planning and logistics for all event elements including content and speaker management, event logistics, branding, social elements, and internal/external event communication. You will be responsible for working closely with cross-functional stakeholders and delegating critical work streams as needed, while remaining the overall project manager. You should be creative, detail oriented, & relentlessly focused on the employee experience. Partnering across all departments, this role will lead engaging and valuable events contributing to the culture of Samsara!
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, plan and execute the end-to-end event production for Samsara’s sales and company kickoff
- Manage the entire event & production budget including preparation, negotiation, and accurate forecasts; alert management about any risks and make recommendations for corrective action
- Own end-to-end event logistics and vendor management including audiovisual, food and beverage, social elements, and travel and transportation; create detailed production timelines and run-of-show documents
- Understand Samsara’s brand and contribute to developing overall events, activations, and experiences that reflect it – this includes working on key internal events in addition to Company & Sales Kickoff (such as Town Halls, Employee SWAG, High Impact ERG Programs, etc)
- Drive internal communications and promotion of events, liaison with other departments
- Support the selection and management of external guest speakers
- Establish success criteria and evaluate event impact; prepare stakeholder and executive-level post-event follow-up and make recommendations for improvement
- Bring energy, creativity, and new ideas to build a successful event experience
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience in event production, event marketing, and/or project management
- 25% travel required for live events
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong executive presence and assured decision maker
- Extraordinary attention to detail and project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Live event technical understanding, large-scale production, and full event keynote session experience
- Passion for creating a well-established and enjoyable company culture that everyone wants to be a part of
- Team player who is interested in contributing positively to the team & broader Samsara community
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.