Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Senior Customer Education Specialist is part of the Customer Education team within Samsara’s Customer Success department. The Customer Success team is responsible for onboarding, training, and ensuring that customers are seeing the value of the Samsara platform from first purchase through to renewal and beyond. The Senior Customer Education Specialist's mission is to enable customer success and growth throughout the customer life cycle by creating customer-facing learning experiences and facilitating training events. This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and deliver interactive product training in a variety of formats including video, E-learning, and virtual sessions for our customers
- Lead cross-functional projects and related work streams
- Assess learning needs, scope development work, and make content or modality recommendations for internal customers
- Gather, analyze, and organize technical information from subject matter experts and product owners
- Become a subject matter expert in key Samsara products and solutions
- Continuously improve learning content using creative approaches to inspire learners
- Facilitate training webinars and customer training sessions
- Help develop customer job aids and other support materials
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- At least 3-5 years of experience creating learning materials and facilitating training in a technical/SaaS environment
- At least 1-2 years of experience with interactive E-learning development and related tools (e.g. Articulate 360 Rise, Storyline, Adobe Captivate)
- At least 1 year of experience with video creation and related tools (e.g. ScreenFlow, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere)
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to become a thought partner and consultant to our Marketing, Product, Sales, and Support teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts using simple language
- A solid understanding of Samsara products with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience working with a major LMS (e.g. Docebo, Skilljar, Litmos)
- A history of working cross-functionally on technical projects
- Experience implementing modern learning theories and methodologies in education projects
An ideal candidate also has:
- Multilingual facilitation skills; can create and deliver training in additional languages (Spanish, French, or German)
- Background in learning experience design and/or professional video production
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.