Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Senior Compensation Analyst will be an integral part of our Compensation Team, focused on building out programs, processes and infrastructure to ensure we are able to attract and retain top talent at Samsara. You will work in close partnership with People Partners, HR Operations, Recruiting and Business Leaders to support our program as we continue to scale. You are highly driven and bring demonstrated experience succeeding in high growth, fast-paced organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with compensation team members on the compensation benchmarking and market research process; evaluate and perform analysis on pay market positioning, salary structures, and pay mixes to ensure market competitiveness to support overall compensation strategy
- Partner with compensation team members to drive the compensation cycle and other compensation programs
- Plan and communicate compensation structures and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to help answer questions and help evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries
- Promote an understanding of compensation philosophies, practices and administration across all levels of the organization, including the executive team
- Participate in salary surveys and analyze results to evaluate existing pay practices and provide recommendations for potential adjustments to programs for global locations
- Contribute to developing comprehensive communications and training materials to ensure our compensation programs are well understood and valued by managers and employees
- Support with drafting the Compensation Discussion and Analysis and other regulatory SEC filings
- Support the business with ad hoc compensation data gathering, analyses, or reports as assigned by your manager
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years experience in HR in fast-growing, global companies
- Must have stellar written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable communicating to larger audiences
- Advanced analytical and Excel/Google Sheets skills are required to analyze data and create meaningful, understandable models and reports; ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Able to synthesize and analyze data sets, summarize and present recommendations, and clearly describe your approach, methodology and findings
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions independently; solutions-oriented; thrives in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Ability to deliver at a high volume with the highest standards for accuracy, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
An ideal candidate also has:
- Compensation experience with public technology companies
- Experience working on configurations in Workday
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.