Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Senior Business Systems Analyst to join our Go-to-Market Systems (GTMS) team as we continue to support our company’s hyper-growth. As a member of the GTMS team, the Senior Business Systems Analyst will drive the prioritization, planning, and execution of enterprise-scale technology solutions for the Sales organization. This individual will own relationships with key business partners and work cross-functionally with other systems teams on strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills, technical aptitude, and collaboration skills. This candidate will also be passionate about improving the sales process and delivering an exceptional experience for our users.
This role can be office-based or fully remote.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the end-to-end project lifecycle including requirements gathering, technical design, configuration/development, testing, and deployments for both strategic projects and run-the-business (RTB) projects.
- Own relationships with key business partners in Sales, Finance, and Operations and ensure that critical business requirements are being captured. Build and maintain the systems backlog for your functional area.
- Collaborate with other teams under Business Technology such as Integrations and Corporate Systems, and with other analysts and engineers on the GTMS team to develop comprehensive solutions.
- Become the subject matter expert for the sales systems you support and the go-to point of contact for your functional area.
- Engage in regular scrum activities such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201 Certified).
- Salesforce CPQ experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Salesforce.com analyst or consultant capacity.
- Expert Salesforce.com knowledge and strong understanding of system capabilities, including standard vs. custom functionality.
- Proven track record of successfully executing enterprise-scale projects on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Extensive experience supporting large sales organizations, with a deep understanding of sales processes and best practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to drive cross-functional projects forward.
- Self-starter and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with Atlassian tools including Jira and Confluence.
- Advanced Administrator, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud certifications a plus.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.