Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
You will be the primary person responsible for all Order to Cash department reporting, analytics and SLA/metric reporting.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for all O2C team reporting, analytics and close activities
- Support evaluation of the accounts receivable and financial reporting impact of operational decisions
- Provide support and analysis to the business planning process on AR related matters
- Perform MEC reconciliations between SFDC/NetSuite: Revenue, Remorse Refunds, Delinquent, Rebates (subsidies/buyouts), and Renewal Credits. Includes resolving final discrepancies and notifying the appropriate teams once the recons are completed
- Review and sign-off for Month-end JPM USD bank reconciliation
- Perform Accounts Receivable and Allowance for doubtful accounts reconciliations during MEC for the parent company and MX entity
- Daily cash activities for the O2C team including updating payments received and BvA to team
- Running and analyzing weekly accounts receivable aging, credit balances, and collections summary reports. Includes flux analysis, and WoW/QoQ comparisons.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting (preferred)
- CPA (preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce and Netsuite (preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in Financial Reporting
- Experience with financial reporting, especially as it relates to the O2C lifecyle
- Ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data
- Comfortable suggesting process improvements
- Strong knowledge of the accounts receivable process and Order to Cash cycle
- Excellent analytical skills with solid experience in analytical tools such as Tableau
- Excellent communication, ability to multitask and reprioritize on the fly
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience with business process improvement techniques
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.