Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Our Enterprise Sales team is growing rapidly and we are looking for an aspiring business leader to join the team as a Manager of Sales Operations supporting our North America Enterprise Sales team. In this high-visibility role, you will act as a business advisor to Sales leadership. You will cover core areas such as reporting and analytics on sales performance, providing insights supporting accurate forecasting, and working cross-functionally across the organization to support core efforts like territory carving and annual planning. You must be an excellent problem solver, thrive in high-velocity environments and possess the acute business judgment and analytical skills needed to collaborate with a variety of people and job functions to ultimately ensure the repeatability and scalability of our Enterprise GTM motion. This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Be a thought partner to the Enterprise Sales leadership team and be a subject matter expert within the Sales Operations team
- Report and analyze key metrics to understand Sales bookings and pipeline performance
- Create and maintain Enterprise territories / books of business to support headcount growth and strategic planning while regularly driving improvements to process
- Assist Enterprise sales leaders with accurate forecasting
- Identify key opportunities for improvement through analytics, qualitative insights and cross-functional partnership
- Support planning, headcount, and quota setting processes
- Drive cross functional partnerships to solve business problems and address key growth opportunities
- Help Enterprise sales leaders solve complex issues to win business and close transactions with customer obsession at the core
- Become an extension of Enterprise Sales leadership to represent Enterprise Sales organization on key projects that will help the org scale and operate more efficiently.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5+ years of work experience, 2+ years of Sales Operations experience at a high-growth technology company or in a relevant role such as Strategy and Sales
- Experience working with strategy & direction for 100+ person sales orgs
- Experience working with senior and executive leadership
- Advanced analysis skills: expertise working with large and unstructured data sets and building complex models. Deep understanding of Excel or equivalent analytical tools is a requirement, experience with SQL a plus
- Significant experience with Salesforce, specifically Salesforce reporting, as well as experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Ability to navigate through and communicate complex ideas effectively – verbally, in writing, and presentations
- Advanced decision-making skills, including ability to be proactive and adapt quickly
- Ability to thrive in an action-oriented, fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.