Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Sales Strategy and Operations Associate to play a critical role in building and scaling our renewal sales organization. The role includes partnering with sales, operations, and technical leadership to optimize the performance of our renewal cycle through data-driven insights.
The ideal candidate has experience at a high-growth B2B Saas company, preferably public, with $1B+ in revenue and is passionate about being part of a fast-paced, fast-growing company.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with the fast-growing Global Renewal Sales Organization by providing actionable insights into business drivers, financial performance and risks
- Develop and evolve key performance metrics to help drive sales productivity
- Build and maintain processes and reporting enhancements through Salesforce reports/dashboards
- Own the data and infrastructure for accurate reporting on renewal bookings, pipeline, and forecasts on a quarterly and annual basis
- Analyze team performance and develop recommendations for improving renewal rates, increasing revenue, identifying more upsell opportunities, and reducing sales cycle time
- Collaborate with sales ops leadership to prepare executive collateral: including memos, sales kickoff slides, business reviews, and executive presentations
- Drive operational excellence by establishing highly repeatable and scalable sales processes that can be implemented across regions/segments to maximize renewal dollars
- Collaborate on renewals strategy through researching benchmarks, providing recommendations, and developing/executing change management across teams
- Provide timely and effective sales support, particularly around project launches
- Partner with the Salesforce Systems team to automate workflows and enhance systems processes as needed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the renewal processes and systems to develop administrative policies that are consistent with global sales policies
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 3+ years of work experience working in an operational or strategic role supporting sales organizations. Familiarity with renewals and SaaS recurring revenue models is a plus
- Comfort and interest in performing analytical work with large data sets to identify areas of improvement for the business
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Excel, Tableau, and other sales tech stack
- Experience partnering with and presenting to senior leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Advanced decision-making skills, including the ability to be proactive and adapt quickly
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.