Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer at Samsara, you’d be part of a diverse group of technically minded folks working together to bring our unique connected operations technology to customers. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around logistics/supply chain management, fleet management and maintenance strategies, global asset management, machine control systems/diagnostics, system integration, and regulatory compliance. This means a successful SE at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of IoT hardware and sensors, hands-on installation/deployment scenarios, carrier networks, cloud infrastructure, and third-party system integrations (via our open API) to ensure the proper technical solution is presented to our customers.
This is a unique opportunity for a Sales Engineer to support the launch of a new market for Samsara in close collaboration with other areas of the business: marketing, product management, technical support, and customer success.
This role can be office-based (London or Amsterdam) or fully remote in the UK and the Netherlands.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on transactions in rapid sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain/requirements to proposed solutions
- Work in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Qualify, install, and configure Samsara hardware for trials and proof of concepts
- Conduct SaaS dashboard setup and demonstrate advanced use
- Deal heavily with mobile device management strategies and present the Samsara mobile app
- Build relationships with third-party partners, such as software providers, systems integrators, and installation partners.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Minimum 2 years of Sales Engineering experience
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Proven track record selling complex solutions
- Well versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation, and control systems
- Experience with APIs / Scripting
- Understanding of basic electronics/electrical concepts such as voltage, current, power, resistance, baud rate, etc.
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.