Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
This role will lead a team within our Finance Transformations organization focused on license compliance, free trials, reporting/monitoring of systems and success metrics. There will be a strong focus on building out the team and functional duties, while also working to develop metrics for reporting as needed. This role will be working closely with departments across Samsara, and experience in a cross functional role is essential. This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Lead our Compliance and Reporting team, hiring, training and developing the team
- Own systems reporting and monitoring, ensuring that any possible issues are escalated, communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Partner with our sales supporting orgs as well as IT organization to address and resolve license compliance related items, ensuring communications are clear and actionable
- Build new processes as needed to support expansion in the business, developing scalable and long term solutions
- Develop reporting metrics for the Finance team relating to KPIs ensuring we are meeting our internal and external timelines
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2-4 years in a people manager role, ideally with remote teams
- Experience in a metrics driven role, with experience developing and reporting on SLAs, KPIs and other success metrics
- Experience in a cross functional role, working with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience leading projects and driving results
An ideal candidate also has:
- Netsuite and salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Tableau reporting strong plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks. Review all of Samsara's benefit programs at rewards.samsara.com.
Samsara's offices are beginning to reopen for voluntary return. Reopening timelines will be communicated by region based on region-specific guidelines. Phase 3 ('New Normal') will begin no earlier than January 2022. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through December 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.