Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
You will be leading the field marketing team, responsible for managing and growing the team and developing the long term field marketing strategy. You should be results-driven, detail-oriented, relentlessly focused on the customer and passionate about driving business impact. You will report out on program impact to key stakeholders and partner with teams across the organization.
This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnership across Sales, Account Development, Product Marketing, Marketing Operations & Product Management, and requires strong communication skills—both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong “builder” mentality, leadership skills, strategic vision, analytical orientation and consultative style.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of field marketing managers and hire/expand the team as needed to meet business needs
- Responsible for driving the field marketing strategy, planning, execution, and success within a defined set of strategic and global enterprise customer accounts
- Delight customers and help maximize revenue growth in the Enterprise segment through impactful and high-touch marketing events that grow relationships, relevance, and revenue
- Help build the GTM strategy as we enter our next phase of growth; set a high quality bar and develop systems to maintain this bar as we enter our next phase of growth
- Guide and mentor team to complete a unified full funnel strategy that best supports business priorities with valuable and measurable programs
- Partner with Marketing, Sales leadership & Enterprise sales team to contribute to the overall business goals and customer experience
- Inspire your team to take on new challenges, move quickly, run productive experiments, and feel accountable to improve our customer experience
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 8+ years of experience in event production, event marketing, and/or project management
- 2-4 years of experience managing or coaching a team
- Specific skill set in Account-Based Marketing with deep understanding of sales cycle/funnel, account mapping and strategic account support
- Background orchestrating cross-functional projects with high energy, trustworthy, creative, and “get it done” mentality
- Strategic and energetic leader with a proven ability to trail-blaze, inspire excellence and lead high-performing teams
- Catalyst of revenue expansion and business transformation
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.