Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is searching for a resourceful and driven Legal Intern to join the legal team this summer. In this role, you will take on a broad range of legal issues that may include commercial contracts, intellectual property, privacy, employment, compliance, litigation, product, regulatory, and corporote matters.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and eager to learn; an independent yet collaborative person who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and who can work across multiple teams. We value individuals who are always willing to consider new ideas and do not fall prey to entrenched modes of thought. We want you to be a force-multiplier, making those around you more effective. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are comfortable in stressful situations. You focus on the details, and you also have the broad vision to bring large and multi-stepped projects to completion.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest professionals out there.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: The opportunity we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
- You aren’t a team player: Motivated by our mission, we’re all racing toward our connected operations vision, and we intend to win—together.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Work on a wide range of legal issues across the company, including commercial contracts, product counseling, regulatory, employment, compliance, litigation, privacy, intellectual property, corporate and other matters.
- Collaborate with different teams to drive strategic business and legal initiatives.
- Support ad hoc legal requests of almost every size and type.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in solving problems and accomplishing business goals.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team).
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Full-time law student entering 2L at a nationally-accredited law school
- Strong academic record, excellent communicator, project manager, and team player
- Highly proactive self-starter who consistently delivers
- Adaptable, flexible and creative
- Aptitude for developing strong cross-functional relationships
- A practical and proactive problem-solver who possesses strong business acumen and is self-assured, mature, and calm under fire
An ideal candidate also:
- Is based in the Bay Area (although remote candidates will be considered)
- Has prior experience and/or is motivated to learn more about working in-house at a technology company
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.