Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
As a Sales Engineer at Samsara, you’d be an integral part of a diverse team working to help modernize essential industries through the application of cutting edge IoT solutions. Your work would directly contribute to a cleaner, more efficient and productive supply chain by creating safer roadways, reducing fuel consumption and emissions, and providing a consolidated platform for connecting operations. Our daily customer engagements include conversations around how IoT can positively impact logistics management, workplace safety programs, fleet maintenance strategies, global asset management, and regulatory compliance. This means a successful SE at Samsara will develop a thorough understanding of the application of IoT hardware and sensors, hands-on hardware installation strategies, managing data collection over carrier networks, presenting a robust cloud infrastructure, and building third-party system integrations (via our open API) to ensure the best technical solution is presented to Samsara customers.
In this role, you will:
- Become an expert on Samsara products: where the rubber of cutting-edge tech (IoT, AI, computer vision) meets the road of driving digital transformation for physical operations.
- Articulate to prospects how businesses like theirs use Samsara today to solve problems common to their industry.
- Deliver the work products that get deals done. Think discoveries, demonstrations, value assessments, proof of concept implementations, etc.
- Walk installers through any scenario, explaining best practices for installing Samsara products and helping build deployment plans.
- Write scripts against our open API that solve real-world problems for companies that deliver essential services (for example), and document them for your fellow SE’s to use.
- Open the door for deeper entrenchment into accounts (integration, upsell, cross sell) by becoming a consultant to your customers.
- Act as a liaison between Samsara’s product and sales teams, translating technical feedback and enrolling the right customers in our beta programs.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years experience working with customers in a pre-sales, customer success, or customer/product support capacity.
- Ability to influence stakeholders based on your technical sales acumen and a solid understanding of business processes and change management.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Previous experience managing hardware and/or software product evaluations.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical systems.
- Experience with the following concepts: technical consulting, cloud software, cloud-connected hardware, computer networking, business systems integration, automation and control systems.
An ideal candidate also has:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
- Work experience building solutions leveraging open API’s.
- Understanding of vehicle diagnostic systems, including Controller Area Networks (CAN bus) and Power Take Off (PTO) applications.
- Hobbyist interest in working with things driven by electronic systems (car audio installation/classic car restoration, home automation, building things with raspberry pi, arduino, etc.)
- Consistent track record of success selling complex technical solutions through strategic sales cycles.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.