Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced indirect tax professional to bring their expertise to a growing company. The role of the global indirect tax manager is to provide This is a unique opportunity to be a cross functional and globally impactful leader for the indirect tax function.
You should possess an analytical mind, have a high bar for quality of work, have the ability to drive to action, and be willing to roll up your sleeves to get it done. You have a desire to make a substantial impact on decision-making, to learn quickly in a dynamic, high-growth technology company, and to be a mentor and in-demand partner across the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the global indirect tax compliance, reporting, and accounting activities with internal and external parties, including US sales/use tax and VAT in Europe and North America.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of Samsara’s global indirect returns.
- Proactively identify, manage and implement indirect tax opportunities for the business.
- Ensure new markets launch with indirect tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and identifying savings opportunities.
- Assist the broader finance team with indirect tax related items for monthly/quarterly book reconciliations/closings.
- Work cross functionally with sales, order to cash, and procure to pay teams on customer and vendor indirect tax compliance.
- Work with external advisers in managing identified long-term and discrete projects.
- Assist in managing taxing authority indirect tax audits and notice resolution.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 5-6 years or more of public accounting experience, industry, or a combination of public accounting and industry
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness and ability to perform tasks at all levels, from detailed preparation to high level review
- Articulate in verbal and written communications
- High integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree, Masters a plus
- CPA Certification
- Prior working experience with an ERP system and/or indirect tax engine is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.