Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a finance professional to join the team as a Finance and Strategy Manager. You will maintain our sales budget & forecast, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform strategic decisions, and be responsible for annual planning and reporting. You will directly support our Sales, Customer Outcomes, Sales Engineering, and Sales Operations teams and work closely with leaders across our go-to-market organization to achieve corporate goals. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with our CRO and the leaders of our Inside Sales, Enterprise Sales, Customer Success, Sales Engineering and Sales Operations team to manage the Sales Organization’s budget & forecasts and inform strategic decisions.
- Perform data-driven analysis to identify, evaluate and execute on go-to-market investments and cost saving initiatives.
- Develop and monitor KPIs, communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze financial results, prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting, and drive monthly operating review meetings with VP and EVPs of Sales and Finance.
- Create data visualizations, dashboards, and other summary outputs to support decision-making from operational and leadership teams.
- Build scalable processes and systems to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness that support the next wave of Samsara’s growth.
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of experience in Strategic Finance / FP&A
- Strong financial modeling and analysis capabilities, including advanced Excel / Google Sheets and Powerpoint / Google Slides skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, often changing environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
An ideal candidate also has:
- Undergraduate degree in finance / economics / accounting / mathematics preferred
- Industry experience in SaaS-based technology companies preferred
- Prior experience using NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce, Adaptive Planning and Tableau is a plus
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.