Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is hiring for a finance professional to join the team as a Finance and Strategy Manager. You will directly support our global Sales organization, which includes our Inside Sales, Enterprise Sales and supporting teams. You will work closely with senior leadership across our go-to-market organization to achieve corporate goals. You will maintain financial forecasts, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform capital allocation decisions and drive initiatives to scale the business. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, analytical, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable thinking in front of senior leadership. This is a highly visible role in the organization involving close partnership with senior business leaders across Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver world-class business partnership to our Chief Revenue Officer and other executives across our Sales department to inform strategic decisions and maintain accurate near-term and long-term financial operating plans
- Perform data-driven analysis to identify, evaluate and execute on value creation initiatives, investment opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
- Partner with our Sales Planning and Sales operations teams to foster alignment and execution of complex cross functional initiatives
- Build scalable processes and systems to enhance financial visibility, control and planning effectiveness that support the next wave of Samsara’s growth
- Identify and track key internal and external metrics to guide operational impact
- Analyze financial results, prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting and lead monthly operating review meetings with VP and EVPs of Sales and Finance
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate also has:
- 4+ years of finance & strategy, strategic finance or FP&A experience, preferably partnering with go-to-market organizations at a high growth SaaS company. Experience in investment banking or big 4 accounting is a plus
- Strong initiative, intellectual curiosity and willingness to take ownership of complex problems
- Ability to influence decision making at the executive level, distill key concepts and be articulate in presentation
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, able to prioritize across multiple projects and adapt to business changes
- Excellent analytical skills
- Expertise working with systems and automated reporting tools (Salesforce, Adaptive Planning, Tableau, NetSuite, Workday) is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, engineering or other technical field
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.