Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is at the intersection of cloud software, sensor systems, and wireless networks, and seeks passionate Sales Engineers to bring our technology to market. Samsara builds an extensive set of hardware devices, including battery-powered, wireless environmental sensors, Linux-based IoT gateways, and internet-connected dash cameras as well as an intuitive Dashboard and set of APIs for consuming the sensor data. Our Field Sales Engineers work in-region alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers.
You should apply if:
- You want to make a difference: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- Your mantra is #alwaysbeprospecting: The world of operations is vast. Your customers are often out in the field and the best way to catch them is live on the phone. Samsara’s top reps do constant research to find companies and contacts to expand their pipeline.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
This may not be the right role for you if:
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: Samsara sales are complex. You will need to learn about businesses where you previously had little knowledge. The payoff is big but you have to be willing to put in the work.
- You aren’t a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
- You have nothing more to learn: Every Samsarian has a growth mindset and believes that what got us here won’t get us there.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs)
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Expected to Mentor other SEs on the team
- Strong team contributions (technical knowledge, industry knowledge, training, etc.)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Minimum 4+ years customer-facing pre-sales experience
- Experience with Enterprise sales cycles
- Previous hands-on experience with customer evaluations and deployments
- Consistent track record selling complex solutions
- Well-versed in one of the following: cloud software, networking, automation, and control systems
- Experience with APIs and/or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- Tinkering with hardware gadgets, sensors, or vehicles is a plus
Location: Preferred in-region; May consider slightly out of the region, but needs to be within 1 timezone and less than 3-hour direct flight away from all portions of territory
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.