Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are looking for a pre-sales engineer that will be focused on supporting Sales opportunities in our Enterprise sector with a regional focus on accounts in the West Coast of the United States. This person will be an expert in Samsara products, solutions, and integrations as it applies to our Enterprise customers.
This is a field role working alongside our Regional Sales Managers, owning the technical pre-sales for our largest and most strategic prospective customers. As such significant travel is expected in-region.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare and execute on strategic deals in complex sales cycles
- Discover customer process and needs, translate that understanding to become a welcomed technical advisor to the customer
- Successfully match customer pain points and requirements to proposed solutions
- Establish customer relationships and earn trust throughout and beyond the sales cycle
- Working in multiple levels of the technology stack
- Hardware deployment and installation (for POCs) in and around vehicles, buildings, and/or equipment
- SaaS dashboard setup and advanced use
- Custom reporting and integrations via our API
- Strong team contributions (technical knowledge, industry knowledge, training, etc.)
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
An ideal candidate has:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in a pre-sales technical role (Sales Engineer, Systems Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.)
- Proven track record on influencing successful sales opportunities
- Strong technical and business acumen
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with RESTful APIs and / or scripting (Python, etc.) desired
- IoT, hardware gadgets, vehicles, or general tinkering experience (work or hobby) a plus
- Experience selling or working with Government/SLED, Fleet, Logistics, Supply Chain, Telematics, Manufacturing, or other Operationally Focused industries a plus
Location: Preferred in CA, OR, WA, NV, and AZ in a city with access to a major airport
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.