- Full Time
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally and collect more than 40 billion minutes of video footage and 5 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-starting, ambitious and experienced Collections Specialist to support our Enterprise customers located in the US and Canada. This person will be located in Mexico and will oversee the accounts receivable efforts of a portfolio of US and Canadian customers’ monthly receivables and acts as the conduit between the European sales team, the customer and corporate. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with a customer centric mindset, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. This position plays an essential role in minimizing our financial loss by implementing receivable and collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency encountered and reports to our Collections Manager.
This is a full-time position and can be remote within the US and includes Lyft/Uber commuter benefits, stock options, 401(k) match, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, reduce emissions, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You are the architect of your own career: If you put in the work, this role won’t be your last at Samsara. We set up our employees for success and have built a culture that encourages rapid career development, countless opportunities to experiment and master your craft in a hyper growth environment.
- You’re energized by our opportunity: The vision we have to digitize large sectors of the global economy requires your full focus and best efforts to bring forth creative, ambitious ideas for our customers.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we win together, celebrate together and support each other. You will be surrounded by a high-caliber team that will encourage you to do your best.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of customers based in the US/Canada
- Be responsible for updating management on customer payment issues
- Act as primary AR contact for the sales team
- Perform consistent collections diligence to ensure timely conversion of past due and current accounts receivable
- Escalate past due accounts for review and approval for account suspension or when account resolution has not occurred within certain timelines
- Resolve customer issues preventing payment timely and accurately within prescribed SLA commitments
- Collaborate cross-functionally to resolve account issues such as pricing, returns, or defective items
- Reconcile customer accounts to resolve discrepancies caused by misapplied payments or other account issues as needed
- Maintain account data as needed for accurate customer information
- Coordinate support and/or resolution for Account Team (AE or CSM) with questions about billing and contracts or escalate to Invoice Team when necessary
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- 3+ years business to business collections experience
- Knowledge of operational accounts receivable processes
- Excellent customer service skills to provide best-in-class service
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills is strongly preferred
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with SaaS and or technology firms with high volume and growth
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Full time employees receive an above market total compensation package along with employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.