Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a Director, People Partner to partner with and support our G&A teams. This is a people manager role and will partner with our Chief Financial Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Chief People Officer. We are looking for highly collaborative, execution-focused individuals who will dig deep into how to support the business at scale (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, among others). With our high growth, we are constantly looking for ways to develop and support our leaders so all Samsarians have an engaging employee experience while driving outsized business impact. The ideal candidate will bring creative and effective ideas and solutions to a growing organization.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as a trusted and reliable partner for the leaders and employees in your organization
- Work closely with leaders and managers to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and people landscape
- Deliver targeted solutions and recommendations with a focus on scale and growth, using a research-driven and fact-based approach
- Proactively assess team, manager, organizational development needs, make recommendations, and implement appropriate solutions
- Assume shared responsibility for the organizational and cultural health of the department and the effectiveness of its leadership team(s)
- Provide strategic business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of the organization
- Collaboratively partner with regional people partners to understand and raise regional priorities, and partner on execution of people priorities
- Provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Work closely with our Employee Relations Partners, supporting employee relations issues as needed
- Drive and support cyclical talent management programs
- Participate and lead projects as an integral member of the People Operations team.
- Lead by example as a people manager, hire great talent, inspire and develop your teams and achieve high quality results
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- BA/BS degree in HR, Business Administration, Psychology, other related discipline
- 12+ years of HR business partnering experience supporting senior leaders
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations.
- Demonstrated solid judgment and experience assessing risk relative to the business
- Propensity to thrive in ambiguity and gray area
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Experience using data to identify insights that drive action
- Experience helping global and/or matrixed organizations scale
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Consulting, coaching and facilitation skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment, open to changes in focus and direction
An ideal candidate also has:
- Masters or MBA
- Experience working in high growth technology environment
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.