Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which helps to digitize the world of physical operations, providing visibility and empowering entire sectors of our economy to become more safe, efficient, and sustainable. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 2,000 people globally, have 2.3 million IoT devices deployed globally, and collect more than 85 billion minutes of video footage and 4.6 trillion data points annually.
Working at Samsara means you’ll help define the future of physical operations and be on a team that’s shaping an exciting array of product solutions, including video-based safety, vehicle telematics, apps and driver workflows, equipment monitoring, and site visibility. As part of a newly public company, you’ll have the autonomy and support to make an impact as we build for the long term.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
Best Place to Work by Built In 2022
Deloitte Fast 500 Companies
IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
Every year, we partner with our customers to deliver outcomes like conserving millions of gallons of fuel, saving millions of dollars, and creating positive environmental change. As more customers connect to our platform, our data grows, our AI models get smarter, and our opportunities expand.
About the role:
Samsara is focused on bringing disruptive IoT technology to market, accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve industrial efficiency, sustainability and safety at a massive scale.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building and executing our Safety Hardware roadmap to enable our platform growth across the Safety product line. The Safety product line is critical to the Samsara connected operations portfolio with significant visibility in the business. You’ll learn about our customers’ operations, identify the most meaningful problems that we could solve for them and understand their strategy for the future. You will develop a product vision that maximizes the impact Samsara can make on the market.
In this role, you will:
- Drive hardware product definition for a range of advanced IoT devices, sensors and accessories that are focused on Safety solutions
- Understand use cases, personas and market requirements and communicate efficiently to the rest of the organization
- Work and partner with Applications Product Management leaders to understand the broader business and customer needs, and enable optimized solutions spanning the cloud and edge devices
- Establish a roadmap and long-term strategy across the Connected Sites product line creating value across the platform
- Lead field validation and product launch activities in collaboration with Marketing, Engineering and Operations
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 6+ years in a product management role
- History of launching commercially successful IT and/or IoT hardware products
- Familiarity with numerous industrial and IT applications, ideally with vision systems, sensors, wireless and edge AI attributes
- Experience managing commercial product lines
- Excellent business acumen to navigate tradeoffs in features, cost, development risk and performance
- Curiosity and a bias towards action while gleaning customer insights from field inspection, interviews, research and data analytics
- Excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences at all levels
- A great partner to hardware, firmware and supply chain teams
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience managing commercial product lines at scale; $1B+ company or product line revenue.
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.