Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About this role:
Our Samsara Recruiting team has helped scale the company to over 1500+ employees. We are looking for a dynamic, cross-functional leader to support the growth of the recruiting organization. The key focus areas of this role will be operational efficiency, stakeholder alignment on the operating plan, and reporting.This is a unique opportunity to drive impact at Samsara at an inflection point where our focus is on achieving global scale, enabling new lines of business, and serving new candidate segments. As this is a multi-faceted role, we are seeking a highly versatile and well-rounded leader who can create and drive strategy as well as roll up their sleeves to clear obstacles and build pieces of the business themselves. We are looking for candidates with excellent analytical skills, strong writing and presentation skills, and a passion for working cross functionally. A quantitative background is a big plus.
You will operate as a member of our recruiting leadership team and report to our VP, Recruiting.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the business and recruiting leaders in order to influence recruiting strategy through data.
- Drive decisions with Leadership on complex recruiting challenges at a rapidly increasing scale.
- Own communication to C-level executives on recruiting trends and progress to hiring goals
- Create and inspect the yearly goals and OKRs for the team and make sure those align with overall business priorities
- Hire, develop, and lead a high performing team of analytics and business operations experts
- Work with the finance team and functional business leaders to determine the headcount and operating plan and own the capacity model
- Implement KPIs for the recruiting team to be able to drive performance on a team of over 50 people
- Be a culture champion: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices.
An ideal candidate has:
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in the technology or consulting industry
- Ability to coach, empower, and develop talent
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a top university; MBA is optional
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.