Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
We are looking for a smart, ambitious, and experienced Collections Specialist to support the business at our Atlanta office. The Collections Analyst oversees the accounts receivable efforts of a portfolio of customers’ monthly receivables. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with a customer centric mindset, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, enjoy learning new skills, procedures, and systems, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. This position plays an essential role in minimizing our financial loss by implementing receivable and collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency encountered and reports to our Director, Order to Cash.
This is a contract position at our office in Midtown Atlanta.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of customers and provide best in class customer billing support
- Perform consistent collections diligence to ensure timely conversion of past due and current accounts receivable
- Escalate past due accounts for review and approval for account suspension or when account resolution has not occurred within certain timelines
- Resolve customer issues preventing payment timely and accurately within prescribed SLA commitments
- Collaborate cross functionally to resolve account issues such as pricing, returns, or defective items
- Reconcile customer accounts to resolve discrepancies caused by misapplied payments or other account issues as needed
- Maintain account data as needed for accurate customer information
- Coordinate support and/or resolution for Account Team (AE or CSM) with questions about billing and contracts or escalate to Invoice Team when necessary
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting
- 3+ years business to business collections experience
- Knowledge of operational accounts receivable processes
- Excellent customer service skills to provide best in class service
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Strong, effective communication skills
- Must be able to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker, able to implement scalable processes
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience with SaaS and or technology firms with high volume and growth
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.