Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented collections analyst to support our smaller dollar, high volume customers. This person will be working on collections age debt and working with our customers to seamlessly manage their accounts. This opportunity requires an experienced individual with a customer centric mindset, high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. This position plays an essential role in minimizing our financial loss by implementing receivable and collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency and write offs.
In this role, you will:
- Be assigned a collection portfolio with a large volume of accounts
- Perform consistent collections diligence to ensure timely conversion of past due
- Review failed credit card payments daily and contact customers to update payment methods
- Work with customers on final payment resolution
- Collaborate cross functionally to resolve account issues such as pricing, returns, or defective items
- Reconcile customer accounts to resolve discrepancies caused by misapplied payments or other account issues as needed
- Manage customer cases and respond to customer emails and questions
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years B2B collections experience
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of operational accounts receivable processes
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Ability to connect with relevant teams and colleagues seamlessly and proactively
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data
- Strong organization skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Highly organized, self-disciplined and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with NetSuite, SFDC, Stripe and intermediate Excel skills strongly preferred
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. For more information about our Flexible Work model, please see our blog post here.