Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Business Systems team makes systems/processes more efficient, reduces manual, low-value work, and enables the company to run better, make better choices, and ultimately be more profitable. Our company is unique in that we are a truly hybrid hardware and SaaS business. This creates new challenges in our Netsuite and financial systems. We’re seeing a script-friendly systems administrator who wants to grow technically with our team.
As a Business Systems Engineer / Administrator – NetSuite, you will be joining a team of engineers and administrators supporting all functions of Netsuite: day to day administration and strategic feature development. You will be enabling features, initiating and delivering custom code (SuiteScript or Advanced Workflows), supporting strategic programs, and creating APIs between NetSuite and other SaaS systems.. As we are a collaborative team we’ll expect you to roll your sleeves up and help with support particularly during month/ quarter end. You’ll also spend time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the ongoing administration of NetSuite and other finance systems as part of a team effort — create/ modify user roles and permissions, item configuration, workflows, custom fields, custom records, dashboards, advanced templates, multibook entities, searches, reporting changes, related administration duties, etc.
- Develop, test, and release customization in NetSuite with fellow ICs specifically in Finance, IT, Sales, Supply Chain, Operations, FPA, and more to solve key business challenges through customization.
- Perform complex business and systems testing to ensure long term scalability and quality for technical solutions.
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations.
- Identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change – even going against the grain as needed.
- Prepare and review technical design documents for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems.
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards that improves the team and our users’ experience while delivering long term scalability.
- Support key month/ quarter end close processes (on call).
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural values (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience with the Netsuite platform.
- Netsuite ERP certification (NetSuite Administrator or NetSuite SuiteScript strongly preferred).
- Experience with developing advanced workflows.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL able to create and review sql intermediate to complex queries.
- Experience with integration tools (e.g. MuleSoft).
- Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it.
- Prior knowledge and experience working in sprints and following the Agile method.
- Able to handle ambiguity and work effectively in a fast paced and fluid environment.
- Experience with subscription models, and recurring billing systems.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
Please note: Samsara does not accept agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Samsara employees.