Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
The Product Operations & Strategy team is responsible for partnering with Product and Engineering leaders and working cross-functionally to launch new products, scale the organization effectively, and address new business opportunities.
The Business Operations Manager will partner closely with our Product General Managers (GMs) to develop a deep understanding of our products and identify opportunities for the business. You will be responsible for leading our long-term strategic product planning, driving our critical business rhythms (including quarterly business reviews, OKRs, roadmaps, headcount planning), and identifying and driving continuous improvements across the organization as we scale.
The ideal candidate brings a unique blend of strong problem solving, operational, execution and strategic skills. They are the kind of person who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, and is passionate about delivering results.
In this role, you will own:
- Quarterly business reviews. Partner with Product GMs to analyze key business metrics (e.g., market share, revenue, margins), customer sentiment, and key product updates
- Key business rhythms. Lead end-to-end OKR reviews and roadmap planning, including defining, measuring and monitoring of these goals. Drive continuous improvements across key planning processes as the organization scales
- Long-term strategic planning. Lead 3-year strategic planning process, working closely with Product & Engineering leaders to identify future growth and revenue opportunities. Collaborate with Finance and other cross-functional partners to align 3-year roadmap with broader Samsara corporate goals
- Annual planning. Lead annual headcount planning process, working closely with Finance and Product & Engineering leaders to determine headcount, understand critical business needs and identify trade-offs
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for this role:
- 7+ years of experience in consulting, business planning, business operations or chief of staff role for a high growth organization
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with executive stakeholders, including Product & Engineering VPs, Finance, and cross-functional leaders
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to execute on large, cross-functional processes and initiatives
- Comfortable with ambiguity and is a self-starter
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience working on strategic planning with Product & Engineering leaders
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.