Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
The Business Operations Associate will help Samsara’s Global Technical Support organization deliver value to our customer and the business by driving Performance Optimization. This role will partner closely with the Support Leadership team to own key aspects of our Business Operations function, such as our Weekly Business Reviews, Data Analytics & Insights program, Dashboarding, and other analytical and operational projects.
The ideal candidate has a passion for solving business problems, generating insights using data analytics, and is eager to pursue a variety of projects in a fast-moving environment. Validated analytical skills, ability to communicate complex analysis to a variety of audiences, and a business or technical background are required. The role reports to the Head of Global Support Strategy & Operations.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will own:
- Weekly Business Review: Drive visibility, insights, and action across the global organization to ensure each team is delivering results
- Analytics: Perform complex business analyses to uncover and share insights with the leadership and management team
- Metrics: Develop and standardize performance KPIs on a team and individual level across the entire organization
- Data Visualization: Build, maintain, and evolve data visualization and dashboards to enable performance management and strategic decision making for leadership
- Data Integration: Collaborate with Data Science to integrate Technical Support data with other Samsara-wide systems to drive cross-functional analysis and insights
- And also champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
- 5+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of Business Operations experience at a high-growth technology company or in a relevant role such as Strategy or Sales Operations
- Advanced analysis skills: expertise working with large and unstructured data sets and building complex models. Deep understanding of Excel or equivalent analytical tools is a requirement, experience with SQL a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a passion for turning data into significant insights
- Strong communication skills and the ability to translate complex analysis into easily digestible insights for a variety of audiences
- Ability to thrive in an action-oriented, fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience with B2B hardware and SaaS products
- Significant experience with CRM and Ticketing tools, specifically Zendesk or ServiceCloud reporting
- Demonstrated skills in data visualization tools (e.g., Python, Tableau, etc)
- Adaptability, flexibility, and the conviction to “do the right thing” under stress, high tension, and tight deadlines
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.