Who We Are
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses and organizations that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves more than 20,000 customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing and food and beverage. Learn more about Samsara's mission to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy at www.samsara.com.
About the role:
At Samsara, we understand the importance of building strong, two-way relationships with analysts and influencers. The Analyst Relations Director role is a new position at Samsara and we’re seeking an experienced individual who is driven and can build out our analyst relations function in a high growth environment. The Analyst Relations Director will develop analyst engagement programs to advance our Connected Operations platform and to facilitate long-term relationships with analysts and influencers in areas such as Industrial IoT, Video Surveillance Management, SaaS, and cloud computing. This role reports to the VP of Product Marketing.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.
In this role, you will:
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with key industry and market analysts across telematics, fleet, industrial operations, site operations and IoT as appropriate and oversee the company’s relationship with key analyst firms. (ie. Gartner, IDC, Berg Insights, ABI Research, Beecham Research, etc.)
- Develop and own strategic analyst engagement programs to drive continuous engagement and education which leads to positive placement in leading reports
- Establish metrics to measure success of AR programs
- Advise internal leaders and teams on analyst engagement strategy and overall market dynamics
- Educate the analyst community to ensure they understand company direction, exec perspectives, our customer stories, and product roadmaps
- Drive collaboration across product management, engineering, marketing, and PR to ensure that Samsara’s products are well positioned in analyst research reports, market share data, and event presentations
- Work with product marketing, PR, and events to: create joint content with analysts (ie. webinars, ROI studies, etc.), include analyst insights into positioning and press releases, as well as include analysts in marquee events
- Educate teams – especially sales, marketing, product, and customer success – on analyst perspectives and materials that customers and prospects can leverage
- Develop relevant, compelling readouts and presentations to deliver to analysts to increase our presence and visibility in the analyst community
- Bring a data-driven approach to helping Samsara appear and progress in comparative analyst reports
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 10+ years experience in Analyst Relations and Communications supporting B2B enterprise software
- Experience managing vendor evaluations related to cloud data management, IoT, cloud software and/or to Gartner Magic Quadrants, IDC MarketScapes, and Forrester Waves, and similar reports
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships with key influencers, leading industry analysts and analyst firms, as well as securing coverage
- Had demonstrated ability to develop, launch and scale industry analyst relations programs, preferably in the US and Europe
- Able to manage cross-functional teams, influence others without authority, including senior management
- Knowledge of market trends across the industries we serve
- Strategic, analytical, and a creative problem solver
- Strong project, organizational, and relationship management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and emerging technologies
- Self-starter, highly collaborative, and thoughtfully communicative
- BS/BA degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, and/or a related technical field
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience building and scaling AR function in Europe
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable accommodations for your interview (e.g., sign language interpreters, reading assistance, facility access, device or equipment modification, etc.)
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all global full-time employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance, growth and development opportunities, regular virtual team and company events, and other location-based perks. Review all of Samsara's current benefit offerings at rewards.samsara.com.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work. We value in person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office. We also offer a co-working support program for employees who are not located near a Samsara office. Learn more about our approach to Flexible Workplaces here.