Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the Role
The Account Development Representative (ADR) job is the launching point for an individual looking for a successful career in SaaS sales. In this role, you will be at the front of Samsara’s go-to-market strategy. This includes hunting for leads, mapping enterprise accounts, and building demand for Samsara’s full line of products. This role is ideal for individuals looking to develop enterprise technology sales skills and to advance their careers. Successful ADRs earn accelerated commissions and head down the path for promotion into closing roles. You will work closely with top-tier executives and will see up close how sales organizations succeed.
You should apply if:
- You love talking to people: In this role you will average 80+ calls to prospective customers a day, every day.
- You want a career in Tech Sales: Successful ADRs can see promotion to a closing role in two years or less.
- You want to be with the best: At Samsara, we believe that iron sharpens iron. You will be surrounded by the best and brightest sales professionals out there.
- You want to learn: One of our core values is Adopt a Growth Mindset. That means that we are always learning and trying to get better. In this role, you will learn about your customers and hone your sales craft with each email and call.
- You want a great manager: We hire and train all of our managers to provide coaching and support to their teams.
This may not be the right job for you if:
- You aren’t ok with rejection. In this role, you will get hung up on and you will get told no, a lot. You need to have resilience to pick up the phone again and again to sell Samsara’s mission.
- You aren’t a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
- You aren’t willing to put in the work: 80+ calls a day isn’t easy. You will not get a day off from that call load. However, if you put in the work, you will see accelerated commissions and career growth.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- High level of interest in the IoT space
- Excitement around growing a sales career
- Comfortability in a dynamic, customer facing environment
- Previous cold calling experience
- Motivation to be in a goal-oriented, quota-carrying role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.