About the Job
Rubrik seeks a technical writer who enjoys mastering the latest technologies. As a member of our technical writing team you will get the chance to work with a broad range of pioneering technologies. You will also play a significant role in shaping the information strategies that help Rubrik continue to innovate in the cloud space.
Work Location: Remote in PST, MST or CST
You have a passion for working with writers, engineers, designers, architects, and product managers to create the best software and hardware product documentation. You enjoy working hands-on with products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce helps to provide customers with the absolute best experience.
The following traits are a natural part of how you approach your job:
- Accepting responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- Coordinating closely with the other members of the writing team to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Taking responsibility for the documentation aspect of a customer’s experience.
- Anticipating and proactively addressing challenges individually and for the team.
- Writing high quality technical content that effectively communicates complex information clearly, concisely, and without jargon.
Your ideal background includes:
- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, a related writing-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years writing technical content, or equivalent technical and writing experiences.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Experience documenting public cloud products.
- Skill using Oxygen XML Author or a similar product to create documentation in DITA.
- Ability to manage documentation source files using Git and GitHub.
About the team
We strongly recognize the importance of quality customer documentation to overall customer satisfaction. We continuously strive to innovate and improve our knowledge, methodologies, and tools so that each publication is better than the last. Along the way we like to explore novel ideas, have fun, and help each other to improve. Our diverse backgrounds and experiences enrich the way we work together to explore novel ideas, have fun, and grow as individuals and technical writers.
Rubrik is one of the fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging multi-cloud world. We are the leader in cloud data management, delivering a single platform to manage and protect data in the cloud, at the edge, and on-premises. Enterprises choose Rubrik to simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, enable automation at scale, and secure against cyberthreats. Rubrik has raised over $553 million in venture funding, most recently at a valuation of $3.3 billion. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company two years in a row and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup. Rubrik has just been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Data Center Backup and Recovery Solutions.
Rubrik provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rubrik complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.