Our Team, Global Procurement, focuses on providing industry leading Procurement Operations and Strategic Sourcing on a global scale at Rubrik. We are looking to add a Strategic Sourcing Manager to our growing team based at Rubik's headquarters in Palo Alto, California. The focus of this role is to partner with leaders from Marketing and Corporate Services to make smart sourcing decisions in selecting agencies, technologies & other service providers, to maximize value in marketing and workplace investments while mitigating risks and costs through smart contract negotiations. You’ll develop category strategies and leverage market intelligence to develop new supply sources. You’ll have experience in best-practice procurement methods, and work to build strong partnerships with internal customers, influence and align roadmaps, and cultivate vendor partnerships. You will be responsible for executing category strategies for Marketing and Corporate Services function while driving annual savings targets.
You will work closely with a variety of cross-functional teams including Marketing, IT, HR, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and others as necessary.This role requires experience across a broad range of procurement activities including sourcing, contracts, supplier management and procure-to-pay processes. You are someone who is a self-starter and comfortable working with limited direction while taking full ownership of your domain.
What You’ll do:
- Partner with Marketing (Growth & Demand Generation, Field Marketing, Creatives Services) & Corporate Services functions (i.e. HR, Finance, Workplace Resources, Legal) to develop & drive key category strategy and optimization opportunities
- Provide thought leadership from a procurement/sourcing perspective and work with business partners to develop new and creative strategies to optimize relationships and services
- Craft negotiation strategies and execute favorable terms and conditions
- Prepare RFQs, RFPs, bid documents, analyze and evaluate proposals, and administer the evaluation process
- Build strategic relationships with external suppliers/agencies and internal business partners to drive results and influence business decisions
- Develop, implement and monitor & report performance measure that demonstrate value and ensure supplier performance
- Ensure consistent application of procurement processes across the organizations you support
- Track and report savings, spending compliance and communicate with leadership
What skills do I need?
- Excellent negotiation skills and broad knowledge across marketing & corporate services categories
- 6+ years’ experience in Indirect Sourcing, with strong track record in supporting Marketing & Corporate Service orgs in a fast-paced environment
- Marketing & Creative Services Category Sourcing knowledge and experience in sub-categories such as Marketing Technologies, PR, Events, Communications, Creative Services
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to partner with key stakeholders and build relationships across multi-functional teams
- Ability to review, redline and negotiate contracts
- Experience with supplier report cards and supplier management
- Detailed and structured cost/financial analysis experience
- Self-starting, scrappy, resourceful, hard work ethic and integrity
- Experience in supporting senior marketing executives; possess executive presence, presentation, engagement.
- Working knowledge of Coupa, Scout and Jira preferred
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.