About Team & About Role:
Rubrik seeks a technical writer who enjoys mastering the latest technologies. As a member of our technical writing team you will get the chance to work with a broad range of pioneering technologies. You will also play a significant role in shaping the information strategies that help Rubrik continue to innovate in the cloud space.
We strongly recognize the importance of quality customer documentation to overall customer satisfaction. We continuously strive to innovate and improve our knowledge, methodologies, and tools so that each publication is better than the last. Along the way we like to explore novel ideas, have fun, and help each other to improve.
What You’ll Do:
You have a passion for working with writers, engineers, designers, architects, and product managers to create the best software and hardware product documentation. You enjoy working hands-on with products and features to ensure that the technical content you produce helps to provide customers with the absolute best experience.
The following traits are a natural part of how you approach your job:
- Accepting responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of documentation.
- Coordinating closely with the other members of the writing team to ensure consistency in detail, style, and presentation.
- Taking responsibility for the documentation part of the user experience.
- Anticipating and proactively addressing challenges individually and for the team.
- Writing high quality technical content that effectively communicates complex information clearly, concisely, and without jargon.
- BA degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, a related writing-oriented field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 7 years of experience writing technical content.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Experience documenting public cloud products.
- Skill using Oxygen XML Author or a similar product to create documentation in DITA.
- Ability to manage documentation using Git and GitHub.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.