Senior Manager, Finance & Strategy
Rubrik is continuing to build an innovative finance team that is helping the business scale on the IPO journey. We are looking for a Senior Manager to join the Finance and Strategy Team. As a senior individual contributor on a lean team, you will be responsible for creating the structure, process, and reporting for the team to expand our partnership with various business functions. You will play a critical role in providing valuable business insights to drive decision-making.
You must have exceptional financial, analytical and organizational skills, and be comfortable juggling multiple tasks while meeting tight deadlines. At the same time, you are a top performer in a fast-paced environment and possess the creativity to constantly improve your area of responsibility. In addition, you must be highly motivated and possess a dedication to exceed personal and team goals.
The hiring team is open to various levels for this position- Proficiency will be assessed during the interview process
- Lead monthly/quarterly/annual/long-term key subscription metrics (e.g., ARR/Retention Rate) forecast. Build and refine financial modeling for ARR, NRR. Prepare analyses to help business leadership understand how investments translate into new ARR growth and provide strategic decision support.
- Own reporting accuracy of key subscription metrics such as ARR, NRR, RPO. Work with the Data Intelligence Team to develop and publish dashboard reporting to track KPI real-time performance. Work with a cross-functional team including the Data Team and Product Operations to understand end to end processes and drivers that impact ARR, NRR reporting, propose and execute process improvement. Monitor the actual reporting abnormalities and perform necessary quarterly reconciliations to ensure accurate and consistent reporting of the key metrics.
- Work closely with Product and Business units to understand business drivers for growth and assist financial modeling for long term product strategies. Drive reporting dashboard for key growth drivers such as product sales capacity vs actual usage capacity.
- Partner with a cross-functional team including Pricing & Packaging, Product on new products and GTM program launch, provide GTM modeling support for those new initiatives including impact on topline metrics such as ARR, margin, billings.
- Provide cross-functional finance support for Rubrik’s ramping SaaS business initiatives.,
- Work with the Renewal Team and Sales Finance to drive an accurate renewal forecasting and actual to forecast variance analysis. In charge of churn reporting and analysis. Work with the Support and Renewal team to come up with dashboard reporting and analysis on upcoming renewals from product adoption, activation etc to identify potential churn risks. Drive cross functional standing meetings to provide executives with periodic review of key metrics and analysis, influence upstream process changes to improve renewal performance.
- Provide ad hoc and special project support as needed to leadership
Experience you will need:
- Enterprise SaaS / subscription model experience is required
- Strong revenue accounting knowledge (experience with ASC 606 is a must) and familiarity with perpetual to subscription/SaaS model transitions.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in a Finance role. 3 years of which should be in either Investment Banking or Consulting roles.
- Superior analytical and modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate, analyze, and summarize large data sets.
- A self-starter with exceptional attention to details, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills. Able to prioritize multiple projects.
- An effective business partner with strong communication skills and able to effectively collaborate across functions.
- The ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, high-growth, and global environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics; CPA and/or MBA preferred
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.