About the Role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this role is responsible for defining and developing a best-in-class, strategic public company investor relations program at Rubrik. The successful candidate will be responsible for cultivating positive relationships and own communication with the investment community, including investors and research analysts.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with excellent analytical and financial skills, established relationships with the investment community in the software industry, and ability to thrive in fast paced and dynamic environments.
This is a great opportunity and time to join a high growth, pre-public enterprise software company at scale and establish, from ground-up, the vision and strategy for the investor relations function.
What You'll Do
- Build trusted relationships and confidence with investors and analysts (both buy-side and sell-side)
- Develop Rubrik’s communications strategy and cadence with the investment community educating them on the business and financial story
- Lead the quarterly earnings process, including preparation of scripts, press releases, Q&A and other materials in close partnership with CEO, CFO, Finance, Legal & Communications and external partners
- Plan and execute other key investor facing activities including investor / analyst days, non-deal roadshows and other investor meetings
- Serve as primary liaison to the investor and analyst community for daily inquiries
- Distill insight from investors, analysts and exchanges to Rubrik leadership and Board. Drive improvement areas and investor facing corporate messaging and strategy with Rubrik leadership
- Lead all aspects of the company’s investor relations website and preparation of relevant publications
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise, including managing coverage of comparable companies and peer earnings reviews
Experience & Qualifications You'll Need
- 15+ years of relevant and progressive experience in investor-facing roles in public software companies and / or within the investment community (including buy-side / sell-side / advisory)
- Sector experience in software and understanding of subscription business models
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically. Strong presence, interpersonal communication skills. Proven history of relationship building with internal stakeholders and investment community
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and financial acumen including understanding of financial statements, key metrics and valuation techniques in software industry
- Ability to successfully plan, manage and influence peers to execute work streams efficiently across various levels and functions
- Results-oriented, self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment balancing multiple priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree required, CFA/MBA preferred
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.