The Rubrik Global Procurement team is seeking an experienced Corporate Travel & Expense Manager to build out and manage Rubrik’s first formal travel program & expense management. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing against the travel strategy and will be the company's go-to person for all travel & expense related matters. They will work closely with travel agencies and vendors (including hotels, ground transportation providers, car rental agencies) to ensure a white-glove traveler experience. Our ideal candidate has prior experience managing a global travel program, is a strategic thinker and has experience developing and implementing travel policies and best practices to properly position Rubrik for scalable, long-term growth. This position will report directly into the Global Head of Procurement.
What you'll be doing:
- Establish a vision for holistic approach to travel and expense program
- Design systems and programs which complement each aspect of the travel and expense experience
- Administer online booking tool(s), including vendor management and site design/functionality to highlight program offerings and support ease of use for internal customers
- Develop travel policies and manage adherence by employees to those policies
- Facilitate RFPs where it makes sense to competitively bid out travel services
- Negotiate contracts and/or rates with travel service providers
- Provide advice to travelers on travel documents, insurance, import/export regulations etc.
- Drive optimization of program by proactively identifying & implementing new technologies and processes in the travel space that assist in providing a seamless travel experience for Rubrik travelers
- Monitor and measure performance by key suppliers and maintain metrics that demonstrate cost effectiveness
- Compile and analyze travel & expense data and share results and provide recommendations to leadership
- Cultivate relationships with team and key partners by listening, partnering, and educating teams on travel processes and Rubrik values
Experience you'll need:
- Minimum 6+ years of experience developing and managing global corporate travel & expense programs (preferably in similar sized or larger organizations)
- Prior experience with travel booking platforms such as TripActions
- Strong customer-service focus and superior self-organizational skills, comfortable coordinating simultaneous tasks and projects with multi-departmental stakeholders
- Experienced in vendor management and contract negotiation
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in business administration or hospitality)
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information from various sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Team-player and self-starter with a can-do attitude
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.