About the Team and Role
Rubrik is seeking an experienced Director of Social Media and Digital Content to own the social media and brand awareness strategy worldwide. You’re passionate about delivering innovative, social-first content to increase followers, reach and engagement across core social channels. You understand how to work with a range of stakeholders, including agency partners, communications and field marketing teams, and executive staff. This role will report directly to the VP of Global Communications, who is based in Palo Alto, CA.
What You'll Do
- Lead the social media brand strategy, with a focus on delivering creative social-first content to increase followers, reach and engagement across core social channels
- Drive innovation across all social channels, remaining up to date on new technologies, platforms, macro trends, and competitor activities to apply to strategic plans
- Expand the fan base across the brand’s owned social channels by attracting new followers and redefining current followers into brand advocates. Boosting fan engagement across key channels
- Find opportunities to scale efforts and knowledge share across the North American and global markets
- Standardize tracking, tools, and measurement methodologies in partnership with the analytics team
- Identify efficient ways to build, source, and curate still and video content for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit etc
- Mentor, encourage and guide the team to build new concepts that elevate the brand, are culturally relevant and deliver results
- Drive marketing initiatives through content storytelling, ensuring a consistent brand message that is channel relevant across multiple touch points
- Maintain cross-functional alignment, clear communication, flawless integration and timely execution of programs with internal leadership
- Build influencer programs and identify influencer opportunities in an effort to engage new and existing audiences
- Partner with cross-functional teams to bring company-wide marketing campaigns to life
- Continually explore new channels for Rubrik to use to grow our social media reach
Experience You'll Need
- 8+ years experience leading social media and brand awareness strategies. In-house experience preferred
- Experienced leader with 5+ years of experience building and managing teams; a vision in the social media space that identifies new trends and delivers creative ideas
- Strong digital /social agency acumen with background leading and partnering with agency teams, motivating and enabling them to extend in-house campaigns and key initiatives
- Proven track record of growing a large social media presence, exceeding 1M followers
- Driven by curiosity, you are a conceptual and strategic problem solver with the ability to influence across an organization
- Ultimate collaborator who influences leaders across the organization to develop campaigns that are on-brand and adhere to Rubrik brand guidelines and policies
- You have a proactive and results-oriented mentality, behaving with integrity and speed
- Conversant in social analytics, social listening, and automation tools
- Broad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media
- Ideal candidate brings a network of connections at top social media vendors including LinkedIn, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube etc. to help navigate new opportunities for growth
- Strong organizational, planning, and project/campaign management skills
- Must have ability to work in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment and must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be confident at leading a dynamic team and comfortable managing interdepartmental communications
- Must have a deep understanding of digital data and analytics tools
- Must have experience working directly with C-Suite on driving growth and thought leadership on executive-owned channels
Pursuant to Colorado regulations, if this job is performed in Colorado, the minimum annual salary is $181,000, plus bonus potential, equity and benefits.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.