About Team & About Role:
Our team is still relatively small – 20 amazing designers from all walks of the industry and life. As our company and our products grow rapidly, it is crucial to scale the user experience of our product and our design team in the right way and with the right people. Every hire counts!
We are seeking a core hire for Rubrik’s design team. We are looking for our first Design Program Manager that will help us scale and drive towards making Rubrik a benchmark for enterprise design.
What you'll do:
- Partner closely with our design managers to ensure work and goals are executed within given timelines and design quality standards.
- Coordination of feature releases – Act as a bridge between the design team and the engineering and product management teams on key initiatives.
- Collaborate with all the design team members.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Balance multiple inputs of priorities and needs, making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
- Capture design requirements and project goals.
- Craft and manage schedules.
- Communicate project and program status.
- Help to track tasks internal to the product design team
- Support the UX research team in recruiting and operationalizing research tasks
- Help coordinate and set up cross design team initiatives and activities.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in program management
- Demonstrated experience owning and leading multiple initiatives at the same time
- Passion for getting things done
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skills
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Ability to work across multiple complex programs.
- Knowledge of JIRA – is a plus
- Hands on experience working with development teams, working with a design team is a a plus
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.
Rubrik is a rapidly expanding global company headquartered in Silicon Valley, revolutionizing data protection and management in the emerging hybrid and multi-cloud world. We are a leader in cloud data management, enabling enterprises to maximize value from data that is increasingly fragmented across data centers and the cloud. Enterprises choose Rubrik to help develop ransomware remediation strategies, simplify backup and recovery, accelerate cloud adoption, and enable automation at scale. We’ve been recognized as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company and as a LinkedIn Top 10 startup.