About the team:
The Rubrik Commercial Legal Team is responsible for managing contracts and legal advice relating to all transactional revenue-based matters. The team is looking for an energetic, talented and experienced Commercial Counsel with a passion for working on sophisticated technology transactions and driving business in a fast-paced environment. This role will focus on support for Rubrik’s Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) business segment and will also contribute to global projects and transactions as needed.
Where you can make an impact:
- Serve as trusted partner to our Sales, Sales Ops, Support, Product Ops, Finance and Accounting teams and assist in the development and negotiation of a wide variety of end customer, channel, partnership, support, licensing, SaaS and services contracts
- Advise on risks and liabilities of proposed commercial transactions and devise creative and practical legal solutions to meet business objectives
- Provide legal and strategic business advice to help develop a comprehensive, long-term approach to our relationships with key partners and enterprise customers and the commercial aspects of our key products and programs
- Develop and implement form agreements, playbooks, best practices and training initiatives for an evolving business
- Keep abreast of and advise on applicable laws, regulations and industry guidance that impact commercial agreements
- Post-graduate legal degree
- 3-5 years of commercial contract experience at a top law firm or in-house, with 1-2 years of in-house experience or supporting in-house clients strongly preferred
- Experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, with strong attention to detail
- Comfort and familiarity working closely with an international sales team and at ease interacting with a range of global customers and partners from commercial to enterprise businesses
- Unquestioned legal professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrated experience as a self-driven attorney who can work independently with excellent business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to prioritize and manage business expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in data security, data privacy regulations and industry compliance standards; CIPP or similar certification preferred
- Experience in enterprise software, with knowledge of cloud-based service offerings and licensing a plus. Experience supporting a channel driven go-to-market business is also a plus
Rubrik, the Zero Trust Data Security Company™, delivers data security and operational resilience for enterprises. Rubrik’s big idea is to provide data security and data protection on a single platform, including Zero Trust Data Protection, Ransomware Investigation, Incident Containment, Sensitive Data Discovery, and Orchestrated Application Recovery. This means your data is ready so you can recover the data you need, and avoid paying a ransom. Because when you secure your data, you secure your applications, and you secure your business.
We are a leader in data security, have been recognized as as a Forbes Cloud 100 Company, named as a LinkedIn Top 10 Startup and are proud to have earned Great Place to Work® Certification™. There has never been a more exciting time to join Rubrik, and our future is even brighter. The work you do will help propel our next chapter of growth as you do the best work of your career.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @ Rubrik:
At Rubrik we are committed to building and sustaining a culture where people of all backgrounds are valued, know they belong, and believe they can succeed here.
Rubrik's goal is to hire and promote the best person for the job, no matter their background. In doing so, Rubrik is committed to correcting systemic processes and cultural norms that have prevented equal representation. This means we review our current efforts with the intent to offer fair hiring, promotion, and compensation opportunities to people from historically underrepresented communities, and strive to create a company culture where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to work and be successful.
Our DEI strategy focuses on three core areas of our business and culture:
- Our Company: Build a diverse company that provides equitable access to growth and success for all employees globally.
- Our Culture: Create an inclusive environment where authenticity thrives and people of all backgrounds feel like they belong.
- Our Communities: Expand our commitment to diversity, equity, & inclusion within and beyond our company walls to invest in future generations of underrepresented talent and bring innovation to our clients.