Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- You will lead our current Accounting and Finance Operations teams, working closely with our CFO and CEO
- You will be the lead executive in steering our company-wide SOX initial implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- You will have key relationships with our external auditor, our board and key financial vendors providing non-audit services.
- You will oversee the financial accounting and close process including revenues, cost of revenues, operating expenses & balance sheet, including reconciliations and review of accounts.
- You will manage a global network of local third-party providers and bring efficiencies to the accounting team.
What you bring
- A minimum of 3+ years in a Global Controller Role and 15 + years of related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority.
- Technically astute qualified accountant with experience in fast growing private companies.
- Demonstrated experience in managing large Accounting & Control teams. Prior experience in auditing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi country and multi entity groups, with multi-currency and international accounting consolidation of financials.
- Experience in support of complex transactions including equity and debt financings, M&A and strategic collaborations.
- Experience with in-house company financial reporting, disclosure, and board communications support.
- Experience with managing audits for large private or publicly traded companies.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS, accounting processes, internal controls and systems.
- Significant experience with large-scale enterprise systems;
- Outstanding organizational leader and mentor, with a track record of organization/team-building, talent attraction, and retention, driving individual development.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders from various functions to help lead change-management initiatives.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to coordinate processes across multiple stakeholders; comfortable with presentations and interactions at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to get hands-on with systems and analytical tools.
- Public markets expertise
- Direct experience with SAP S4/Hana
- Knowledge of Dutch GAAP
- You'll report to: VP of Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: UK or New York
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $235,025 to $276,500 plus eligibility for equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. In the U.S. this includes: a 401(k) plan + 4% employer match, unlimited paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, paid parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans for you.Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with Senior Director Finance
- Interview with SVP Operations
- Panel interview with team
- Interview with founder
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com