Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- You will work closely with our CFO, CEO and senior leadership team to oversee the company’s annual budget and quarterly planning process.
- You’ll influence and drive strategic initiatives in partnership with our Product & Engineering, Operation and Go to Market organisations
- You’ll lead the setup and execution of IPO preparation work streams alongside the Legal and Finance leadership team
- You will ensure that our FP&A is driving a high level of partnership both at the senior leadership team and the board of director to aid in bringing deep visibility into the business and enable decision making.
- You will work closely with our Accounting, Tax, Treasury and other functional groups to assist in the preparation and delivery of our quarterly and annual strategic investment plans, as well as associated budgets and planning materials
What you bring
- A minimum of 3+ years in a VP FP&A role and 15 + years of related experience, with increasing levels of responsibility and seniority.
- Experience in fast growing private VC backed companies with maturing processes.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi country and multi entity groups, with multi-currency and complex business models.
- Experience in leading complex transactions including equity and debt financings, M&A and strategic collaborations.
- Track record of driving positive results in hands-on environments.
- Experience with supporting audits for large private or publicly traded companies.
- Outstanding organizational leader and mentor, with a track record of organization/team-building, talent attraction, and retention, driving individual development.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders from various functions to help lead change-management initiatives.
- Exceptional communication skills with an ability to coordinate processes across multiple stakeholders; comfortable with presentations and interactions at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to get hands-on with systems and analytical tools.
- Public markets expertise is a plus.
- You'll report to: VP of Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: UK or New York
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with CRO
- Interview with SVP Operations
- Panel interview with team
- Interview with founder
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org