Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Creating, implementing and maintaining all equity education at Remote.
- Directly responsible for all communication and documentation about equity and stock, internally and externally.
- Working closely with the Total Rewards Team to ensure equity is positioned as a major benefit at Remote.
- Compiling Option List for the Board Approval.
- Issuing Options in Carta.
- Approving Exercises in Carta.
- Issuing Share Certificates in Carta.
- Terminations in Carta.
- Updating Employee Countries in Carta for Relocations.
- Adding New Investors to Carta.
- Issuing Share Certificates for Investors.
- Updating Investor Info in Carta.
- Administrating 409A Valuations.
- Responsible for all Secondaries, should Remote ever have a secondary
- Stock-Related Tax Filings.
- Handling all queries regarding stock from internal Remoters and Remoters that has left the company.
What you bring
- Extensive experience and knowledge of equity and stock administration in the start-up and tech industry.
- Experience in Taxing upon Grant, Vesting and Exercising and collaborating closely with the internal Tax team on all things country-specific tax.
- Global equity and stock administration experience is ideal in this role, we have Remoters in more than 60 locations (and growing). It’s important we are able to provide efficient information and share knowledge across all these regions and more.
- Previous experience in managing equity on Carta or other equity management solution platforms.
- Previous experience in executing equity successfully through IPO.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: the VP of People
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is $78,000 – $95,400. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Director of Finance, FP & A (optional)
- Interview with VP of General Counsel (optional)
- Prior employment verification check(s)
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com