Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below.
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior UX Writer, joining our Design team.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. As a Senior UX Writer, you will work with a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing, and customer operations to help establish connective language and a unified voice.
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a UX writer or content strategist.
- As a stellar writer, your portfolio of work demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
- Can edit existing work or create a new copy with input from stakeholders.
- Can write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tooltips, headlines, intro copy, error messages.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites. Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Work with writers across teams to define a cohesive narrative across the product.
- Someone who loves working with people and solving problems with them.
- One who cares deeply about diversity and inclusion.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Work with design, product, engineering and marketing, to create the words that guide Remote’s product experiences.
- Increase the level of team maturity. Mentor and inspire, give and seek feedback in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Lead content audits to identify opportunities and drive consistency across the product.
- Shape (and scribe) user flows, interactions, messaging, and microcopy within product interfaces.
- Regularly use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices and recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
- Explore user needs across the user experience, including UI text, in-product tutorials, APIs, and documentation.
- Partner with Product Managers and Engineers to generate ideas and viable solutions.
- Have a keen ability to create work under minimal supervision and package and present solutions to the broader creative team. Quickly and superbly.
- Take a user-centered writing approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Drive yourself and your peers to deliver the best quality of work, while embracing and encouraging new methods and ways of working.
- Write technical documentation for our ecosystem products.
- You'll report to: Head of Design
- Team: Design
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with a team manager
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with CPO
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!