Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called “multiplexing”, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn's system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below.
How we work
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Senior Accountant, joining our Finance, Tax & Accounting team.
- 3+ years post qualification accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus)
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience liaising with and collaborating with external auditors – at both group and local levels.
- Excellent time management and ability to meet constant deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Ability to work with little to no supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- Responsibility for posting and reviewing transactions in SAP
- Close & reconcile subledgers: AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Bank, Intercompany
- Record and reconcile payroll for various countries
- Implement and maintain strong control environment
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Ensuring that your portfolio follows local statutory requirements, i.e. VAT returns, Statutory Financial Documents, CT returns and all other filings are finished and filed in accordance with local legislation & timelines.
- Partnering and liaising with local financial advisors to ensure efficient information flows to ensure local accounts are accurate.
- Perform analysis and contribute to other projects as requested
- Involved in statutory close and Financial Statement preparation
- Provide support to 3rd Party accounting provider
- You'll report to: one of our Sr Accounting Managers
- Team: Accounting
- Location: Remote – Europe
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future managers
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with Senior Director for Finance, Tax & Accounting
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
You can learn more about the benefits we're offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format. See how to convert your CV to PDF here. Thank you!