Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works). We're backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we're all scattered around the world. Please check out our public handbook to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
How we work
We love working async and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as a Payroll Specialist, joining our Global Operations team.
In your role, you will be owning the employee payroll cycle and employment statutory compliance in multiple countries that we operate in.
You will be reporting to the Payroll Lead.
- 3+ years payroll management or equivalent amount of experience
- Knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Proficient in using software tools like SAP, Excel / Google Sheet.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Is a productivity geek and will constantly think of ways to improve and speed up their work.
- You understand the need and ideal to work largely asynchronously.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but is considered a plus.
- You write and speak fluent English.
- Reviews and guarantees submission of payroll-related data to service providers, statutory filing requirements and payroll approvals.
- Manages existing relationships with payroll, accounting and benefits service providers.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for customers to run their monthly payroll cycle.
- Responsible for ensuring full data integrity.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
- You'll report to: Payroll Lead
- Team: Global Operations
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members
- Reference Check
- (async) Offer
How to apply
Please fill out the form below.