Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
Our team is responsible for shaping our understanding of how Remote is performing as a business, as well as what our best opportunities are for continued growth. We’re looking for an experienced finance and accounting professional to join our fast growing team and help us support our expansion efforts by owning all the accounting and finance processes. This role will involve working hand in hand with a business partners, financial partners, legal team and our operations teams. You will be responsible for management of Accounting functions within a fast-paced, high growth environment.
What this job can offer you
- Have an incredible impact in the creation of the Remote expansion
- Management of accounting records and related functions journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company accounting and the monthly close process for a global start up with a high growth business model.
- Collaborate with the Reporting and other teams to leverage financial data to support key management processes.
- Liaising with our finance outsourcing partners to ensure accounting transactions are recorded in our SAP S/4HANA system in a complete, timely and accurate manner.
- Delivery of financial reporting and analysis, including statutory filing requirements.
What you bring
- Solid experience in post qualified accounting experience.
- Experiencing managing a team of accountants.
- Demonstrated experience using core finance systems (SAP or similar is a bonus).
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, IFRS and Dutch GAAP.
- Understanding of both financial and operational controls.
- Financial planning and analysis experience, ideally with exposure to key management processes at a high growth, scaling company.
- You'll report to: VP of Tax
- Team: Fiance
- Location: India
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email email@example.com