Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Full ownership of the strategy of the global benefits offering for employees and customers
- Lead new product launches and industry partnerships
- Advise on the best ways to select and align vendors to our needs
- Improve on internal content and documentation
- Manage a globally distributed team and coach them through constant improvement
- Make changes to impact the speed, and top and bottom line performance of the team
- Educating the team on how benefits work in each country, and why
What you bring
- Expert knowledge on managing global benefits, ideally within a startup
- Experience in building teams and leading a department
- Experience handling quickly scaling benefits schemes
- Comfortable with changes that often occur in the initial years of a startup
- Product-oriented mindset: how automation, integration, documentation and scaling can directly impact workload
- Data-driven, enjoy making well-researched and well-informed decisions
- You'll report to: VP of Payroll and Benefits
- Team: Payroll and Benefits
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP of Payroll & Benefit
- Interview with Director of Payroll
- Interview with COO
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org