The Senior Manager of People Business Operations & Change Management will be responsible for driving Global People Business Operations & Program Management.
Business Operations: Lead strategic projects & initiatives across the People team. Improve communication and change management of strategic programs/projects in the People organization.
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A): This role will represent the People organization on mergers & acquisitions for Qualtrics. Influencing the people strategy for each deal is critical, and this role will be responsible for partnering with the respective people business partner (BP) & other key stakeholders on the organizational & cultural integration. In addition, this individual will lead the coordination of the integration of processes, policies, systems and applications.
Success in this role demands someone who thrives in times of controlled-chaos, who is energized by fast-paced decision making and execution, and who can move a team forward despite ambiguity and continuous change. This role reports to the Chief People Officer.
Expectations for Success
- Partner in building the strategy for the People organization.
- Build comprehensive project plans, including change management strategy and execution, to implement new or enhanced projects and programs.
- Identify and operationalize the operating rhythms of the org including quarterly business reviews and town halls.
- Partner with the People Leadership and Finance teams to manage headcount and budget across the organization.
- Closely partner with the Chief People Officer on other projects as needed.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Be the lead for the People team to plan and execute M&A due diligence, employee notifications, communications, integration and post-close activities, such as Day 1, onboarding, 90-day employee pulses and tracking key talent related to M&A.
- Establish and create a repeatable integration playbook.
- Develop and drive the People team integration plan from due diligence, including making recommendations on people strategy, deal model assumptions, purchase agreement terms and operational people risks as well as the day to day execution.
- Liaison to various business groups (Global Rewards, People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, People Technology & Analytics, Legal, etc.) with respect to all M&A activities.
- Develop project plan/schedule including workforce plan and proactively monitor and track the employee experience activities against milestones and metrics, proactively escalating as required.
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channels.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with program/project management services.
- Conduct post-mortems on deal and integration execution.
- Research best practices and develop proactive approaches to identify People challenges in merger and acquisition integration, and recommend solutions.
- Research and drive the development of integration planning and execution best practices, incorporating key learnings
Qualifications & Requirements
- 10+ years of experience driving complex, large scale, global projects with a minimum of 4 years of experience in M&A integration, business operations, and/or program management.
- Strong project management skills throughout the entire life of a project, including defining the project, identifying required resources, selecting and training the team, monitoring deliverables and performance against objectives, making adjustments where necessary, providing feedback and recognition, delivering the final “product” and creating process documentation.
- Experience building and executing change management strategy, including identifying sponsors, developing the training, managing through resistance, tracking progress and analyzing results.
- Communicate in a way that informs, educates, and inspires teams – leads to teams of employees at various levels who are not direct reports.
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Experience in a matrix organization. Experience leading, managing and participating in cross functional projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams and drive effective process management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and motivated to solve complex problems.
- Cross cultural awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Growth mindset.
Learn more about our People Team!
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us – we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program – $1,800 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off – 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories